According To Safewise, These Are The 10 Safest Cities To Live In Maryland In 2021
- Mount Airy. Acroterion / Wikimedia Commons.
- Berlin. Antony-22 / Wikimedia Commons.
- Thurmont. Famartin / Wikimedia Commons.
- Taneytown. Famartin / Wikimedia Commons.
- Bowie. Famartin / Wikimedia Commons.
- Havre de Grace.
Click to see full answer
What is Laurel Maryland known for?Laurel is the site of many Prince George's County firsts, including the first public library, first public high school, and first national bank. Laurel can also boast of Prince George's County's oldest continuously operating volunteer fire department, formed after a fire devastated the downtown in 1899.
What is the safest US state?
Safest States in the U.S.
- Maine. With a score of 66.02, Maine is the safest U.S. state.
- Vermont. Vermont is the second-safest state in the U.S., with a score of 65.48.
- Minnesota. Minnesota is the third-safest state in the U.S. Minnesota's total score is 62.42.
- New Hampshire.
Is Maryland safe to live in?
Maryland residents have higher levels of concern for violent crime, property crime, package theft, and gun violence than the average American. Still, its safest cities have lower crime rates than the nation as a whole. Maryland is the third-most worried state when it comes to overall safety.
Is Bowie MD Safe 2021?
Bowie has an overall crime rate of 11 per 1,000 residents, making the crime rate here near the average for all cities and towns of all sizes in America. Bowie's crime rate is lower than approximately 54% of Maryland communities.
Bowie is in Prince George's County and is one of the best places to live in Maryland. Living in Bowie offers residents a sparse suburban feel and most residents own their homes. In Bowie there are a lot of parks. Many young professionals live in Bowie and residents tend to be liberal.
Greenbelt is in Prince George's County and is one of the best places to live in Maryland. Living in Greenbelt offers residents an urban suburban mix feel and most residents rent their homes. In Greenbelt there are a lot of coffee shops and parks.
Modeled after English garden cities of the 19th century, Greenbelt took its name from the belt of green forestland with which it was surrounded and from the belts of green between neighborhoods that offered easy contact with nature.
Mount Airy can be found in both Carroll and Frederick County. The violent crime rate is the lowest on this list, at 0.5 per 1,000 people.
5 Best Places to Live in Maryland
- Baltimore. Population: 593,490. Median 2-Bedroom Apartment Rent: $1,689.
- Columbia. Population: 99,615. Median 2-Bedroom Apartment Rent: $1,940.
- Germantown. Population: 86,395. Median 2-Bedroom Apartment Rent: $2,000.
- Silver Spring. Population: 71,452.
- Waldorf. Population: 67,752.
Laurel is a diverse neighborhood with a wide range opportunities for those looking for jobs as well. It has an overall safe neighborhood and is welcoming to all the different families interested in living in the area. From family homes, apartments, and townhouses, Laurel has countless areas for any person or family.
Black or African American: 53.85% White: 26.13% Other race: 8.57% Asian: 7.10%
MaineStates with the Lowest Crime Rates
Maine has the lowest crime rate of 1,360.72 incidents per 100,000 people.
The 10 safest states
- Rhode Island.
- New York.
- Virginia. Virginia is the only state in the South that makes our rankings of the top 10 safest states.
- Massachusetts. Massachusetts had the lowest rate of property crime in the U.S. in 2020 with 1,053.2 crimes per 100,000 people.
The 20 Worst Places to Live in Maryland
- Frederick. Frederick is a city in Frederick County in Western Maryland.
- Takoma Park. Takoma Park is a suburb of Washington D.C. in Montgomery County, and it has a population of 17,622.
- La Plata.
Bowie's relatively low crime rate also earned it honors on: Safest Cities in Maryland Report – #6 (Backgroundchecks.org) (2019) Safest Military Town list – #15 (Vivintsource.com) (2019) Safest Towns and Cities in Maryland – #9 (National Council for Home Safety and Security) (2019)
Bowie is in the 11th percentile for safety, meaning 89% of cities are safer and 11% of cities are more dangerous. The rate of violent crime in Bowie is 6.15 per 1,000 residents during a standard year. People who live in Bowie generally consider the northwest part of the city to be the safest for this type of crime.
Black or African American: 53.23%
Bowie is an ethnically-diverse city with high-educated citizens. Bowie MD has a population of about 58,000 people and the city prides itself on having a high percentage of well-educated people.
Greenbelt is nice, the people, homes, schools, its a great family location. It could be a big city or small town. Needs updated restaurants and clubs. Homes are nice but kind of expensive.