Hopefully, the 2020 or 2021 Jeep Cherokee has addressed these transmission, engine, and electrical issues. Until new information about newer model years comes out, be sure to avoid Jeep Cherokees from 2014, 2015, and 2019.
Click to see full answer
Which Jeep model is most reliable?The org gave the Gladiator an excellent predicted reliability score; the Grand Cherokee came in second with an average rating.
- 2020 Hennessey Jeep Gladiator | Hennessey.
- 2021 Jeep Gladiator | Jeep.
- Jeep Gladiator Mojave interior | Jeep.
What are the worst years for Jeep Cherokee?
#4 Worst Year: 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
It is worth mentioning that the most problematic model years of the Jeep Grand Cherokee were 2011, 2012, and 2013. Now coming to the 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee, it is considered the worst because of the transmission failure issue.
What year Jeep should I avoid?
It needs to be emphasized that the 2007-2008 and 2012-2014 model year Wranglers should be avoided at all costs. This is due to their hefty repair costs, poorly designed interior, and underpowered engine.
What is the least reliable Jeep?
The Least Reliable Jeep Model
We recommend avoiding the Grand Cherokee. Over 29 model years it has racked up a 70.81 PainRank™ score that ranks dead last in reliability out of 9 eligible vehicles.
Top Jeep Cherokee Problems
- Engine Oil Leaks From Valve Cover, Oil Pan, and Timing Cover Gaskets.
- Throttle Position Sensor May Fail.
- Ignition wires may fail and cause engine performance problems.
- Exhaust Manifolds Can Crack Where Pipes Are Welded.
- Front and Rear Differential Pinion Seal and Transfer Case Leaks.
Grand Cherokee model years 2011, 2014, and 2015 are the most likely to have mechanical flaws and, therefore, some of the worst to buy.
2010Among the best year Jeep Cherokee are 2009, 2010, and 2011 in the previous generation and 2015 and 2018 in the later generation. If you are looking for the most technologically advanced Cherokee with terrain sensing suspension, you will want to opt for the 2019 and 2020 models.
Jeep Reliability Rating Breakdown. The Jeep Reliability Rating is 3.5 out of 5.0, which ranks it 15th out of 32 for all car brands. This rating is based on an average across 345 unique models. The average annual repair cost for a Jeep is $634, which means it has above average ownership costs.
The 10 worst Jeeps are listed below, in chronological order.
- 1972 to 1973 Jeep Commando.
- 1978 to 1979 Jeep Cherokee Chief Golden Eagle.
- 1986 to 1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ.
- 1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer.
- 2002 to 2007 Jeep Liberty.
- 2005 to 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
- 2006 to 2010 Jeep Commander.
- 2007 to 2017 Jeep Compass.
2010It is stated that the best and the most reliable year for the Jeep Grand Cherokee is 2010. This is because they had fewer issues as compared to other rival years. If you cannot find a 2010 model, then 2009, 2010, or 2016 years is also a considerable choice as they are cheap.
The Top 10 Jeeps
- 1987-95 Wrangler YJ.
- 1993-98 Grand Cherokee.
- 2005-10 Commander.
- 1971-88 J-Series Truck.
- 1955-83 CJ-5/CJ-6.
- 1997-2006 Wrangler TJ.
- 1981-85 CJ-8 Scrambler.
- 2011-20 Grand Cherokee.