A 5% is the darkest tint you can get, and you can't see through 5% tinted car windows at all. In most states, a 5% tint is illegal. It's most commonly used on the back windows of private cars and limousines.
Click to see full answer
What is the darkest legal tint in Texas?Texas Window Tint Darkness Laws
- Windshield: 25% VLT tint is allowed above the manufacturer's AS-1 line or top 5 inches, with less than 25% reflection.
- Front Side windows: Must allow more than 25% of light in.
- Back Side windows: Any darkness can be used.
What is darkest legal tint in Texas?
25%Legal Window Tint In Texas
We list the darkest legal tint in texas for sedans, SUVs, and vans below. Windshield: 25% VLT tint or more is allowed above the manufacturer's AS-1 line (top 5 inches). Front Side Windows: 25% VLT or more light transmission is allowed. Back Side Windows: any VLT % is allowed.
Whats the darkest tint you can have in Texas?
Legal Window Tint in Texas
- Windshield: 25% or more allowed on the top 5 inches or above AS-1 line.
- Front side windows: 25% or more light transmission allowed.
- Backside windows: Any dark tint allowed.
- Rear window: Any dark tint allowed if have outside mirrors, otherwise 25% or more.
Is 30 window tint dark?
Is 30 percent tint dark? A vehicle with a 30% tint will give you a darker appearance but is still very easy to see through making it one of the most popular tint shades. It is considered a medium shade as it is right between 5% which is the darkest and 50% which is a very light tint and considered clear by most.
If you want limo tint look with white interior as you can see 25% is essentially enough, with 35% you can still see a bit inside.
Is 20% tint illegal in California? Yes, that is illegal. The only percentage allowed is 70% if that is combined with factory tinted windows.
Car Window Tinting Laws By State:
|State||Front Side Windows||Windshield|
|North Carolina||35%||non-reflective tint above the as-1 line|
|North Dakota||50%||no more than 70%|
|Ohio||50%||no more than 70%|
|Oklahoma||25%||5 inches or as-1 line, whichever comes first|
The lower the percentage is, the darker the glass is. So, for glass tinting, the tinting starts from the 5% tinting and ends up with the 25% tinting. If you don't want complete darkness, you just want to block sunlight, UV rays, and heat. Then 50% tinting is the best option for you.
California Tint Laws
- Front Side Windows: 70%
- Back Side Windows: Any.
- Rear Windows: Any.
- Windshield: 4 Inches.
- Reflectivity: No more reflective than a standard window.
- Other Restrictions: Red, amber, and blue not allowed. dual side mirrors required for back tinted windows.
70%California window tint law restricts windshield tint on top 4 inches. Front side windows must have 70% light transmission or more. Back side windows and rear window may have any tint darkness.